Technical Presentation Information
Presentations should summarize the design, tests, and findings of research and development efforts. Topics may include any thermally related challenge or solution from the die to the facility level.
When submitting your paper to SEMI-THERM, please indicate which contribution format you are submitting: a peer-reviewed manuscript, a non-peer reviewed extended abstract, presentation-only extended abstract, or poster session. See details below.
For a paper to be included in the IEEE Xplore database and the SEMI-THERM Technical Library, and for the paper to be presented during SEMI-THERM, all of the following conditions must be met:
- The final manuscript, with required reviewer edits, must be submitted to ARMS by the deadline stated above.
- At least one author must be registered to attend SEMI-THERM by the deadline stated above.
- The paper must be presented at SEMI-THERM by one of the paper’s authors.
Presentations are generally scheduled between 8am – 12:30pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday during the event. Each presentation is scheduled for a total of 20 minutes. Typically, this includes 15 minutes of presentation and 5 minutes of Q&A. designed to summarize the design, tests, and findings of research and development efforts. Topics may include any thermally related challenge or solution from the die to the facility level.
Types of Presentations:
Peer Reviewed Paper
Authors wishing to present a peer-reviewed paper must submit a completed manuscript and include all elements of a formal technical paper (introduction, analysis, discussion of results, conclusions references). As part of the peer review process, SEMI-THERM reviewers may provide feedback on the paper and make suggestions for improving its quality.
Non Peer-Reviewed Paper
Submit an extended abstract (2-5 pages) that describes the scope, contents, key results, findings and conclusions. Authors notified of acceptance in November. Final manuscript due in January. Manuscripts will be provided to conference attendees.
Submit an extended abstract (2 -5 pages) that describes the scope, contents, key results, findings and conclusions. Authors notified of acceptance in November. Final presentation slides are due in March. Presentations will be provided to conference attendees. Presentation Only submissions are not eligible for the Best Paper award or student scholarship awards.
During the Poster Session, each author will have 2-3 minutes to present a brief summary to the collected audience. Once all summaries are presented, authors will remain in the meeting room and be available to individual audience members for less formal discussions. Submit an extended abstract (2 -5 pages) that describes the scope, contents, key results, findings and conclusions. Authors notified of acceptance in November. Final presentation slides are due in March.
- Total time for each presentation is 20 minutes – please plan to speak for 15 minutes to leave time for questions and transitioning between speakers
- General rule of thumb is to plan for approximately 1-2 minutes/slide, so you should have approximately 10 – 20 slides
- Please avoid font size less than 14 at an absolute minimum
- This includes figures and tables – if they aren’t readable, there isn’t much point to include them in the presentation
- Avoid commercialism; ideally your company name and logo are only shown on the title page
- You may include the SEMI-THERM (red) logo on your page;
- Please include a reference to “SEMI-THERM 39, 2023” in a footer
- Company and trade names should not be shown more than once
- There is no need to include a slide that describes the history of your company, its size, etc.
- Slides should include slide numbers. Widescreen slide format is preferred.
SEMI-THERM will provide all necessary equipment for your presentation (laptop, projector, cable). Your presentation will be loaded onto the laptop during the speakers breakfast on the day of your presentation.