May 19, 2021 at 11:00AM PT
How to Extend CFD Modeling of Thermal Electronics to Support Product Certification
Presented by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) LLC and SEMI-THERM
Abstract: Engineering modeling and simulation tools have a long history in contributing to new product development, product failure analysis, and product manufacturing. However, the certification and compliance of products remains an activity that relies largely on physical testing. While there have been some advancements in accepting non-physical methods to support a certification decision, the requirements for certification and compliance are rigorous, therefore the introduction of non-physical test methods must also uphold a high level of rigor.
In this webinar, we will discuss the current-state-of-the-art in using modeling and simulation to support product certification and compliance decisions. We will demonstrate a unique and practical process using an actual case study of the temperature rise test, a common test for certification of electronic products.
The foundational element of the trend towards using modeling and simulation for compliance is the concept of model verification and validation. We will describe this foundational element and the supporting infrastructure that will pioneer the greater use of data generated by engineering modeling and simulation to support product certification and compliance
Who should attend:
- Engineers involved in electronics thermal simulation and design of products requiring UL certification.
- Those responsible for downstream certification and compliance activities.
- Technical Management looking for ways to improve the financial effectiveness of the electronics thermal simulation and design to final product development path.
- Mahmood Tabaddor, PhD, Underwriters Laboratories (UL) LLC
- Tobias Best, Alpha Numerics
Schedule: May 19, 2021 @ 11:00AM PT, 1-to-1.5-hour duration
Registration Fee: $50.00